Summer Job Opening – part time
Girl AGain boutique, in White Plains, NY, sells refurbished American Girl dolls and all their accessories. It is operated by Yes She Can Inc., a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young women with autism develop transferable job skills. Our program is implemented at Girl AGain boutique where coaches work with trainees to prepare merchandise for sale and assist customers.
General Statement of Duties:
This position has select management responsibilities for Girl AGain boutique and ensures the highest quality of services to our clientele and trainees. The Boutique Assistant agrees to adhere to the mission and values of Yes She Can. This is a job for someone who is organized, a self-starter, reliable, enthusiastic about the products we sell and the mission we serve, and completely trustworthy.
Hours: Saturdays 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
Store Management – Responsible for the effective operations of Girl AGain boutique.
- Open store and close store on scheduled days, responsible for store key
- Keep store clean and attractive
- Assist customers in making purchase selections
- Conduct sales transactions with complete accuracy; account for all transactions, close out cash register at end of day
- Present expertise in store merchandise
- Use social media to promote Girl AGain
- Prepare merchandise for sale
- Work cooperatively with trainees and job coaches in our program
- High School diploma or higher education
- References and background check
- Relevant experience
- Familiarity with American Girl product line
Compensation: competitive hourly wage
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Yes She Can Executive Director, Marjorie Madfis
Download job description here.