Our Saturday Associate, Sarah H., is heading back to college IRL (in real life)! We will really miss her! So now we need someone who loves AG and our mission to join our team.
Job Description: Girl AGain Boutique Associate (part time)
Yes She Can is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young women with autism develop transferable job skills. Our job skill development program and skills curriculum is implemented at Girl AGain boutique in White Plains, NY, where coaches work with trainees. Girl AGain sells gently used American Girl dolls and all their accessories.
General Statement of Duties:
This part-time position has select management responsibilities for Girl AGain boutique and ensures the highest quality of services to our clientele and trainees. The Boutique Associate agrees to adhere to the mission and values of Yes She Can. This is a job for someone who is organized, a self-starter, reliable, enthusiastic about the products we sell and the mission we serve, and completely trustworthy.
Store Management – Responsible for the effective operations of Girl AGain boutique.
- Open store and close store on scheduled days, responsible for store key
- Keep the store clean and attractive
- Present expertise in-store merchandise
- Assist customers in making purchase selections
- Conduct sales transactions with complete accuracy; account for all transactions, closeout cash register at end of day
- Process phone orders
- Complete assignments from manager including preparing merchandise for sale, contacting customers on the “wish list”, and other assignments.
- Use social media to promote Girl AGain
- Work cooperatively with trainees and job coaches in our program
- Potentially other assignments
- Report to Director of Marketing and Retail Operations
Schedule: Saturdays 9:30 am-5:30 pm, and occasional other days to fill in
Compensation: Hourly wage: $16-$18 per hour depending upon experience. You may take 30 minutes for lunch, however, if a customer needs assistance you are expected to be available. Employees receive a discount on merchandise.
Learn about Girl AGain at GirlAGain.com and at GirlAGainBoutique on Facebook and Instagram
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org