DONATE AMERICAN GIRL DOLLS AND ACCESSORIES
Girl AGain is operated by Yes She Can Inc., a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to developing job skills for young women with autism. Our trainees develop essential skills for work while preparing merchandise for resale to customers who will cherish these classic dolls and accessories. The donation of your American Girl collections has a triple benefit: (1) work skills, (2) affordable fun, and (3) tax deductions.
What to donate:
- American Girl or Pleasant Company dolls: Historic characters; Just Like You/My American Girl/Truly Me; Girl of the Year; Bitty Baby; Bitty Twins; Wellie Wishers – Kindly donate dolls in re-sellable condition (dolls that don’t have sharpie marks, bad haircuts, missing pieces)
- American Girl or Pleasant Company doll outfits
- American Girl or Pleasant Company accessories and furniture
- American Girl books
Requests and what not to send:
- AS OF JUNE 2022: Due to the limited storage space in our boutique, we are currently accepting American Girl Brand merchandise ONLY.
- We DO NOT accept Build a Bear, Barbie, Madame Alexander, or display dolls. Please, NO human baby or children’s clothes, dirty socks, or dirty items.
- If your cat sleeps in your doll beds, please wash the bedding (we have lots of allergies)
- Please know that all the merchandise you donate is prepared by our Yes She Can trainees and our Girl AGain staff. There are some items we can fix and clean, but if the items you are donating are severely damaged (stains that don’t go out, broken pieces, scratches, etc.), we will not be able to resale them. That means they have no value, and we have to throw them out.
- Please DO NOT donate dolls or items covered in mold. This can cause health issues for the trainees and staff who are processing the donations.
- If the merchandise is severely damaged, we will not be able to re-sell it.
- Many donors like to see where their collection goes. So please visit us at our store. We welcome walk-in donations.
- Include a note in the box with your contact information (name, address, email, and phone number) so that we can acknowledge your donation and provide a tax receipt.
- Pack well – use bubble wrap or doll clothes to protect fragile items.
- Shipping expense is also a donation and tax-deductible, so keep the receipt.
Store Drop-Off information:
- Masks are optional in the store
- To document your donation, you will be given a form upon arrival to fill out (the top part required). Alternatively, you may also fill it out in advance and bring it in with your donation. Donation Document
- You may schedule your visit if you wish. Or call us to let us know you are coming: 914-358-1460
- Please bring your donation in bags or boxes that you do not mind leaving with us.
- Or, if you would like your bins back, please set up a scheduled drop-off time so that we have time to transfer items.
- Official donation acknowledgment letters will be sent to you within four weeks.
How to ship:
We find USPS is the least expensive shipping. And we include the cost of shipping as part of your donation.
Girl AGain boutique
10 Church St.
White Plains, NY 10601
For questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Claudia at the store or write to email@example.com